1. Increasing body mass index (BMI) is associated with feeling a bulge
2. Being overweight does increase the risk of worsening prolapse with time
3. Weight loss does not improve bothersome prolapse symptoms
4. Pelvic floor damage already present due to high BMI may be irreversible
5. Weight loss can be associated with reduced worsening of prolapse symptoms
If you think you may have Pelvic Organ Prolapse or need assistance in the treatment or management of Pelvic Organ Prolapse then come and see Bonnie, our Women’s Health Physiotherapist at Bend + Mend Physiotherapy in Sydney’s CBD.