In this day and age we have many more flexible working options. Working from home is one of them which seems, in theory, to be a great idea, however read more to see maybe why it’s not.
There are lots of things to consider when you are working from home:
– Work-station set up
– Lack of incidental movement
– Lack of normal social setting when you are not seeing work colleagues
– Not having a set routine to keep you efficient
Here’s where we can help! Instead of having to leave home for your appointment, we can offer you an online Telehealth consultation. It is exactly like you coming into the clinic except via video link.
What is involved in a Telehealth Physiotherapy Consultation:
1. We will ask our normal questions if you have a new injury, or about your existing injury, as part of your initial assessment.
2. We will assess your movements and make sure you get a correct diagnosis.
3. Our Physio’s will then recommend the best treatment plan for you and you may be shown videos or demonstrations of exercises appropriate for your condition.
4. Follow up Teleconsults are available to progress or modify what you are doing at home and make sure you achieve your rehabilitation goals.
If you are finding yourself not moving as much as you should, we can even do a whole Pilates session over a 45 minute video call. You’d be surprised how many household items you can use to help you. Another option is to obtain a physiopod from us or some tubing and it will be almost like you are in our Clinic. We will show you how to do the exercises and where to attach your tubing. It’s easy!
All you need at home is a screen with a camera and microphone and we will do the rest. You will be sent a link via email to guide the quick and easy set up. We book you into our diary just as if you were coming into the clinic so you have a defined appointment time.
Telehealth Physiotherapy is one way we can all keep moving and get effective treatment for pain or injury while at home. Please contact us on 9232 5566 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a time with one of our experienced Physiotherapists.